Friday, August 29, 2014

#3 Identity (About Me)

If I start writing about myself it would be best to include my name, Gerardo Alberto Ortiz Cámara, before writing about any other aspect of my life. Nothing noteworthy comes out from my first name; but when we get to my second name, it can tell you how my late grandfather was called. Now that a family member is on the line, I can say that I come from a family in which nothing was found easily, but instead all was brought upon with great effort and sacrifice. Everything my family currently is, was brought upon by themselves. My position in my immediate family is the youngest, following a 9 year older brother, making me more like an only child than the youngest. In my house, every idea or decision that we made was never considered bad, instead it was considered a good idea or a not so good one from which we learned for ourselves why it would never be a good decision. This is mainly what created me, the fact that when you get home and share your day with your parents, you know there will never be a misjudgment but instead there will always be a positive comment with a hint of sarcasm but nothing more. Besides this, something that created me could be the friendships I had and the ones I still have. I once read that you tend to acquire something from the 5 people that surround you the most, and this I can say is true. Not the fact that there are five people, but the fact that the few people I surrounded myself with were the main reason I chose what I chose, good or bad.

The script I was born into helped me choose the path I wanted to follow in life, so I can say that I don’t want to differ from it since it was chosen by my interests and experiences, brought by the good or not so good decisions I made. In a near future I see myself walking through freezing hallways wearing a white lab coat that has a tag in which after my name says, “M.D.” I can’t say that wearing the coat has been my dream because it has more elements of nightmares than it has of dreams, but instead it could be considered as a challenge I proposed to myself and will soon complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment