Tuesday, September 30, 2014

#8 Remembering Dreams



As I made sure to do the right things in order to successfully remember my dreams once I woke up, I started by following one of the comments from my Professor’s blog in which it suggested to put my notebook and pen under my alarm clock, so I did it. Once I woke up, I took my phone, which is my alarm clock, turned it off and immediately started writing about what I could remember. Once I started writing, I remembered only some details about my dreams, like the place I was or the people I was with while dreaming, but I didn’t remember most of my dreams. As I wrote about the things I could remember, my mind started pouring out all the details that I dreamed about and I quickly could remember many, if not all, of the details from my dreams, including other dreams I had the same night, which I started writing down as soon as I remembered the detail from the other dreams I had the same night, and went back to them when I finished writing about the dream I was currently remembering.

I can say this activity had an impact on me because I usually don’t remember all my dreams, and by doing this exercise it made me remember things that normally I don’t remember from my dreams. This also impacted me because once I know what I dream about, I can relate it to the things that are happening to me at the moment, and I found out that they’re HUGELY RELATED! They are not only related, but also they may seem as to have some solutions to the problems or the dilemmas I am having this current week and if I wouldn’t have wrote about them maybe I wouldn’t remember my mind had set out the solutions to them already.

            Something not completely related to the activity, but that I often do, is the fact that when I dream of something really odd I tend to look for the symbolism behind it through the internet or from a book I have at home called “The Book of Dreams” which has many kinds of meanings to the things you dream about. For example the other day I dreamt about being stuck in an elevator between floors, I could get out but the elevator was still stuck. I looked for the meaning of this and it said: “To dream that the elevator is out of order or that it is not letting you off symbolizes that your emotions have gotten out of control.” And as a matter of fact, this week my emotions have been REALLY OUT OF CONTROL!



Here is the link from where I mostly get the symbolisms in my dreams on the Internet: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

3 comments:

  1. Great post, I'm completely caught by your dream insights! Excellent blog project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many negative dreams are a way your mind encourages you to find a solution even if we ignore the problem. Also, I would like to have a book of dreams meanings even if I don't dream too often. I think it's interesting that we find a way of "translating" what our brain is telling us to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book I have is in Spanish but as I talked with the Professor about this post we found a book from an author that is also a painter and not only defines the dreams but also uses paintings to illustrate them. I will find the name and tell you which one it is!

      Delete